Products reach the end of their Product Life Cycle for a number of reasons.
These reasons may be due to market demands, technology innovation and development driving changes in the product, or the products simply mature over time and are replaced by functionally richer technology.
While this is an established part of the overall product life cycle, EDA Industries recognizes that end-of-life milestones often prompt companies to review the way in which such end-of-sale and end-of-life milestones impact the EDA products in their networks.
With that in mind, we have set out below End-Of-Life policy to help customers better manage their transition and to understand the role that EDA can play in helping to migrate to alternative EDA platforms and technology.
End Of Sale policy:
EDA Industries will provide a notice of the affected product's end-of-sale date and/or the last day when the affected product can be ordered.
We encourage to visit this site regularly as it may contain useful information regarding EDA's end-of-life program.
End Of Life policy:
EDA Industries guarantees the product's support for 10 years from the procurement date, or for 5 years after End Of Sale date.
During this period we commit to provide spare parts availability and solutions for parts' obsolescence/discontinuity.
- Our Technical Assistance Center will be available:
- for a period of 5 years from the end-of-sale date for hardware and operating system issues,
- for a period of 3 years from the end-of-sale date for application software issues.
- Spares or replacement parts for hardware will be available for a period of 5 years from the end-of-sale date.
We will provide spares and replacement parts in accordance with our Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process.
Below are guidelines that should be followed to ensure that you receive effective support for the affected products:
- You will need to ensure that you have a current support contract with EDA Industries. Please contact your Support Account Manager regarding fees payable during the end-of-life period so that we can support you right through the end-of-life transition period.
- For hardware or software that is not covered under a service contract, customers may add the product(s) to a current contract or purchase a new contract until 12 months after the end-of-sale date.
- Service contracts that have not been renewed or have lapsed after 12 months of end-of-sale date are not re-newable.
- Renewal of your service contract will generally be available until the last year of support, but will not extend beyond the last date of support.
List of Products that rached their EOS:
HBTS - Hybrid Burn-In and Test System
DBTS - Digital Burn-In and Test System
(including DBTS-LV and DBTS-A models)
MBTS - Memory Burn-In and Test System
UBTS - Universal Burn-In and Test System
OPUS PTC and OLT
(Electronics and Chambers)
Gen1 Burn-In Chambers
MBTS III - Memory Burn-In and Test System